There is a severe weakness in Nominatim (partly our fault and partly its
fault)

Nominatim scrupulously Nests Admin Units.

Rev Geocoding 1 Dock Street will return.

1 Dock Street (addr)

North Dock A ED ( admin level 9)

EG  North City Municipal District EG (Admin Level 8)

Dublin (Admin Level 7)

Co Dublin (Admin Level 6)

Leinster (Admin Level 5)

So it is important to IGNORE a lot of admin levels outta nominatim for it to
make sense. The ED is irrelevant to routing and addressing as Postcodes took
over as pseudo EDs in the 1960s for that purpose.

We need to remove the provincial and traditional county ADMIN levels and
only have admin levels 7-10 to make better administrative sense. We then
need to ignore less of them ….but still ignore some.

Nor should Electoral Divisions up north have an admin level  they should be
boundary=historic as they were replaced by analogous ( albeit gerrymandered)
wards in the 1920s and these are the admin level 9 entities up there.
Arguably the provinces are even more historic….I think they were abolished
as admin units of any sort by the 1100s :)