Paul and Rob , thanks for your considerate input.

I would word matters so that an OSMF Member in NI has the simple choice of
being a member of the IE Chapter or the UK Chapter, or both simultaneously.
I believe this is entirely acceptable to Southerners who generally would be
members of IE only.

There are many advantages, the UK GOV is more serious about Open Data and
best practice Open Data in the UK is better quality than what is available
in the South. So I am quite amenable to being told ‘how to do Open Geo Data’
by other OSMers.

There is a larger pool of expertise in the south on traditional boundaries
(from pre 1921) than in NI itself from what I can see too.

But the best idea is to allow members living in NI to self identify their
choice(s) and for the same rules in both IE and UK chapters to permit this.

Thankfully OSM is a map of the world started by the British and not just of
these small islands. What! :)

My 2c  …..or 1.8p