As most of you know we are creating an OpenStreetMap Ireland Company
Limited by Guarantee in order to have the necessary legal entity to go
forward as a OpenStreetMap chapter. The company comprises of Directors who
are legally "subscribers" of the company and are responsible for its
adherence to all regulations as a trading entity. The launch of the company
also allows the community to expand, for bigger venues to be used, and for
us to brand things so that we promote work that has been done at a smaller
scale to a wider participating audience.

To move forward we are launching this company in Maynooth this Saturday the
20th October at 12 noon. The event will be formal for a few minutes, and
then we want to open the floor for an open mic to allow those who are
present speak about what they like mapping. To find further details please
look at the events link on the openstreetmap.ie website and reserve your
place on the eventbrite ticketing thingymajigger. Hope to see loads of you
there!