Hi List,

So we have the amazing resource townlands.ie, which displays townland data
from OSM nicely on a easy to navigate website.

But I have been approached many times about adding additional data to OSM for
research purposes and to display it on townlands.ie  For example, census
population data, research into the townland names etc. However, this data does
not belong in OSM, so I was wondering if there would be a way to provide
townlands pages, like on townlands.ie which could be edited and appended with
additional information submitted by the general public?  Something like how
wikipedia works?

Would anyone in the community know of a way of maybe integrating mediawiki
with OSM or townlands.ie data?  Or maybe working with Rory to implement a way
to edit pages on townlands.ie with more data?

What do you'll think?