I'm happy to help with some of the Wikimedia Commons element if I can.
Right now we are running a photography competition to get people to take
photos of National Monuments and structures listed by the National
Inventory of Architectural Heritage and upload them to Commons:
www.wikilovesmonuments.ie
I'd love to see a lot of the more obscure images (that won't ever have a
dedicated article) be used!

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 14:53, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (although I do not map in Ireland):
>
> * turn:lanes and destination signs, I find this very useful when they
> are mapped.
> * wayside shrines (or listed buildings in general) with photos on
> Wikimedia Commons
> * dog parks
>
> m.
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 1:26 AM Colm Moore <colmmoor...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > So, for whatever reason, some of us are interested in specific
> localities or projects, e.g. minutely mapping a whole village or
> neighbourhood, all the roads in a county or perhaps something more
> specific, e.g. mapping all shops in a chain or technical, e.g. I do a fair
> bit of debugging of disconnected roads.
> >
> > There are some features that I feel I 'must' map, e.g. if something has
> a reference number (road, bus stop, rubbish bin (Dublin City Council has
> them)), I want to map it. I *really* like mapping / filling in details on
> electrical transformers (I'm the most recent editor of 2,274 of 2,285
> transformers mapped in Ireland). I can smell them at 50 metres! :) Or
> rather, I've mapped so many I can tell in a neighbourhood where I am likely
> to find one.
> >
> > I also run scripts through Over-Pass Turbo a few times a month,
> searching for police stations, post office infrastructure and power
> facilities that need their tagging improved. I also map pipelines &
> storage  tanks. I've mapped lots of railway, but there are relatively few
> feature left to map.
> >
> > Most of the time, mapping driveways an houses bores me.
> >
> > Colm

PhD in Digital Media
Project Coordinator Wikimedia Community Ireland <http://wikimedia.ie>