On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM, H.S.Rai <hardeep....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Sajjad Anwar <sajja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can some one translate it?
> >>
> >> or just brief here what is there in above link.
> >
> >  Google is planning a Mapping Party on February 5th. The Intelligence
> wing
> > of Government of Kerala has reported to the Home Ministry that this is
> > to be  prevented due to security reasons.
>
> Can they apply same logic to OSM mapping?

Yes they can.

> If no, it is O.K, but are they know difference between OSM and Google,
> and is that difference make any difference to security?

They do not know the difference at this point. But, the press note will make
this far better clear.

> If yes, then what OSM community need to know and how to proceed further.

We need to make them aware that, now even mobile phones have GPS technology.
With this level of technology prevention of mapping can be done only through
a government intervention or a ban,  but that seems to be purely against
democracy.

Regards.

Sajjad Anwar | http://geohackers.in | Blog: http://sajjad.in