Hello all,

I have been trying to make a map of state and National highways
running in Tamilnadu, So, made a XAPI request for
[highway=trunk|primary|motorway] and got the data.

I found that NH7 has been tagged as a motorway at some places and as a
trunk in some places giving not only a discontinuous way but also a
way that is rendered differently at different locations.

What is actually supposed to be tagged throughout? There has been
cosiderable discussion regarding this tagging in the wiki talk page,
but I am unsure of which tagging to apply.

Is NH given preference or the condition of the road given preference?
I think it would be resonable that a NH is tagged as a single type of
highway.

Can I download and change the entire NH7 as motorway? Or it would be
discontinuous as it is now?

--
by
Arunmozhi