The areas that are skewed are same as that of landsat imagery, a very weird
phenomenon. I've noticed this in coimbatore and kanniyakumari districts so
far.

To use the imagery, correct the offset by aligning it to the downloaded gps
traces. In josm, right click the imagery layer in the layers panel and
select the offset function. You can even bookmark the offset distance for
later use. We can document the offset calculations for each city in the wiki
so that others can use it.

Some of the Bing imagery is quite recent, less than a year old. Varies from
place to place i guess.

--
j.mp/ArunGanesh