On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Arun Ganesh <arun.plane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> * Login to http://applications.nrsc.gov.in/query.asp

OK

The site displays:

This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer 5.0 and above. Please do
not use pop-up blocker to access this web site..

Sad ti read.

> * Copy the getcapabilities link from the wms service section

It was
http://applications.nrsc.gov.in:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/lulc/Mapfiles/lulc0708_LAN.map&version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities&layer=LULC%20of%20India&;

But it downloade (though you never mentioned to download from that
URL) "mapserv.exe".

> * In josm>preferences>wms servers add a new server and paste the link and
> click load layers
> * Choose the LULC layer and add it to the server list

Did.

Unable to get anything.

Then noticed mapserv.exe is cgi application, so it should get executed
to show images of map. But that is not happening.

I don't think, user name and password is being used anywhere in this process.

--
H.S.Rai