Hi,

I'm looking for a shapefile for Assam (India).
I'm interested in a vector file at a villages level to cross data with the
Census of India.

I already found this kind of layer on Bhuvan which offers a WMS (webservice)
and i used it with QGIS software.
http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in

But the WMS format gives only a PNG image with no data embeded.
I need the names and Census Codes of the villages, just like on the Bhuvan
Website but inside my QGIS software.

They have a WFS service which is not available for users, i think it's
restricted...

Do someone has an idea, How can i get this shapefile "AS_VILL_CEN01" ?
(It's for a PhD Study, non-commercial purpose)

Thanks