Ah, ok, but I was referring to tiny street level details in every corner of
the country.

For example, I picked up a random town in MH:
http://osm.org/go/y2sX6vLn-

It has street level details, sometimes more details that Goog maps!

This is true for many small towns and cities. It looks like there was some
automated marking of the streets or perhaps some other database was merged
with OSM.

And this seems to have happened more than an year ago; I just happened to
notice it now.

Is anybody aware of  what happened?

--
*Harshad RJ* <http://lavadip.com>