Side note...

> Google maps or even OSM are never going to be authentic maps endorsed by an
>official source.

I disagree. Humanitarian organizations regularly use OpenStreetMap in published
maps. Various governments are using and contributing to OSM (this is a good
one: http://www.nps.gov/npmap/blog/introducing-park-tiles.html), and there's
active work to figure out how to "authenticate" endorsed versions of objects in
OSM.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

warm regards, Pradeep