On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:02 AM, H.S.Rai <hardeep....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please note:
>
>  nrcf...@au-kbc.in is bouncing.

i propose let us rebuild , let me see what i can do .

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Prof Rai
> >
> > Zoom out on that map, we loaded all of India for that map.
>
> I did. Go to Ludhiana, and try to reach our college, GNDEC; you will
> get nothing.

i found the same while trying to zoom into other areas , by the by my kid
liked  it on a one on one comparison with G! maps!!

> It does not have permanent link; else  I have given you URL.
>
> > Anyway, it's very much a work in progress. The idea is to provide means
> for
> > many renderings of India OSM, and update data regularly. My thought to
> > manage the different styles was to use GitHub, with a subdirectory for
> each
> > style, and in carto. I'm doing this already for another project on
> another
> > server, and it works pretty well.
> >
> > If anyone wants to push this forward, happy to collaborate.
>
> I will let you know, after studying.
>
> But I must say, style is "stunning".

i saw this briefly when Arun ( planemad ) was working on this style , yes
it has hours of work in it , if someone else wants to adopt it is there any
documentation somewhere where using which they can contribute in the same
way ?

> Should not we use openstreetmap.in somehow?

the domain has expired so have registered again .

-Satya