Well I managed to run it inside Firefox using the "IE Tabs version 2"
plugin. Remember to add "www.surveykshan.gov.in" to the filter settings.
Otherwise one has to manually switch the browser engine each time the page
is refreshed. The site remains down for most of the time. The Utilities and
Habitation layers seem the most useful to me though. But can anyone confirm
whether we can use that data in OpenStreetMap?