Hi everyone,

As part of Free Software Movement Karnataka(fsmk)'s summer camp for students[1], we are organizing a mapping party on this Saturday, 26th June with about 200 students from various engg colleges. We'd first track some area in and around the venue[2], DSCE college(near Kumarswamy layout) using osmtracker in gps-enabled android device[3]. And then add/edit the data in id-editor/josm to finally upload it to osm with an introductory editing session.:)

I've added this event to osm India wiki events page here[4] and this would be more like a training event for new mappers. I also invite osm mappers from Bangalore to be part of this event as this may increase the interest and participation among students.:)

[1]http://camp.fsmk.org/
[2]http://camp.fsmk.org/venue
[3]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMtracker
[4]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/India/Events

P.S: Sorry for announcing this very late here.:(

Cheers,
Yogesh