He he..,

  It seems that SOI has no problems if google privately having our
country's geospatial data (That is always subject to the verification by
NSA, FBI or whatever). But if google publish the same in the web through
their mapping services, as that may become helpful for different
stakeholders of this country at various levels, that would be considered as
a serious sin.

   Also, SOI is not interested / don't have ability to disseminate the data
it holds, for any useful purpose for the general public of this country.

Sounds nice, right? :)

> My thoughts are not very strong but, I think as long as we leave the vital
> points and defense installations out of the map, we won't grab much
> attention.
>
> Through Datameet and NIC, some of us are trying to setup a meeting with a
> few SoI officials to talk about opening up some data. More about that soon,
> when something concrete comes up.
>
> Cheers,
> Sajjad.
>

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Paramvir Singh <paramvi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What does it mean to OSM? Any experts?
>>
>>  Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
 - ജയ്സെനോവ് നെടുമ്പാലോവിച്ച് പഹയനോവ്സ്കി -
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      ( `v´ )
        `v´