>  Hi Jaisen,
>
> On Saturday 21 March 2015 07:38 PM, Jaisen Nedumpala wrote:
> > Hai,
> >
> > I have written a blog post, about the background, and the need of the
> mapping experiments held at Koorachundu Village Panchayat.
> >
> > Here is the link:
> >

> http://blog.smc.org.in/mapping-efforts-in-an-unsurveyed-land-koorachundu/
>
> One of the fine examples of using OSM at the grassroots level.
> Well documented with nice pictures, will certainly help other local
> governments engaged in similar efforts. :) Loved the Malayalam map and
> GNOME being used in Malayalam. :) :)

Thank you Yogesh..

All the tools used were free software in this venture, except the operating
systems deployed at O/o village panchayat - which were windows. :(

It was not our fault, but the mandatory software programs we have to use at
our office which are developed and deployed by Information Kerala Mission,
only work on M$ Windows :( So we can't change them to GNU/Linux and make
theme more productive. But one system which we use to connect to internet
is free from those tags, and which runs on Debian GNU/Linux with GNOME,
with locale: Malayalam :)

> --
> Yogesh K S
> Sent from an Electronic Device

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
 - ജയ്സെനോവ് നെടുമ്പാലോവിച്ച് പഹയനോവ്സ്കി -
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      ( `v´ )
        `v´