On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Abhijit Kshirsagar <abhijit...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I agree - "OSM is not the best place to use as a datastore".

OSM is nothing but a massive version controlled map datastore, so I would
think its probably the best place for this data.

What you would need is tools to track changes to the data and get alerted
if something suspicious happens, like some someone moving or deleting
trees. There are some tools that can already notify of changes to an area
http://tyrasd.github.io/osm-qa-feeds/

> Although, perhaps the data itself could be stored separately, and
> integrated with the OSM map layers for display / analysis etc?

To fulfill the requirements Nikhil posted, one would essentially need to
build another OSM to do this.
<http://j.mp/ArunGanesh>