Sanjay,

yes, the notified implications is the reason why i reaching for
community help and advice.

the data source :
-----------------
https://transit.land/playground/

   - query with mapview over chennai.

results with : a operators.csv and download.json file.
    - https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftransit.land%2Fapi%2Fv
1%2Foperators.json%3Fbbox%3D70.048828125%2C9.286464684304082%2C84.91333
007812499%2C14.657997403502975%26per_page%3D5000&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCN
E1Y6-IVanqfND6FYRWDfo6xvpPxg

which i have attached with this reply. i still do not know who have
contributed the feed to mapzen in first place.

i am not good with writing code or script,
and thus i have intend to use :

   - GOSync (https://github.com/CUTR-at-USF/gtfs-osm-sync) contributed
by CUTR - univerity of south florida years earlier(since 2011).

i have also emailed navitia to include the feed into transportr android
app, and still waiting for a response. (https://groups.google.com/forum
/#!topic/navitia/AsdkS2t-5Xs)

regards,
ganesh

On Fri, 2017-11-10 at 13:10 -0500, Sanjay Bhangar wrote:
> Ganesh,
>
> Thank you for checking on the list.
>
> This seems quite risky to me, and seems like it would require a lot
> of
> due dilligence before attempting a merge.
>
> I think this would qualify as a data import, and as such, you should
> read the Import Guidelines:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines
>
> It would be helpful if you gave some more details like what data this
> is, where you sourced it from, and ideally links to the raw GTFS
> data.
> Also helpful would be links to code / scripts that you intend to run
> to transform this GTFS data into OSM changefiles.
>
> Conflation / merging in OSM is *really hard* and I would be skeptical
> of any process that attempts to do this in a fully automated fashion.
> HOWEVER, if the data is legally able to be added to OpenStreetMap and
> you can share the data here and the community feels like it would be
> valuable (which it seems like it probably will be!), I'm sure there
> should be community members who are able to help out, and perhaps we
> can work together on a part-automated / part-manual process of
> getting
> this data in or so, to get the benefit of the data-set, but make sure
> we have human eyes checking for conflicts and making sure nothing
> breaks :-)
>
> Thanks again for your enthusiasm in adding data to OSM, and looking
> forward to seeing the data-set and hoping that the community can work
> together in helping you get this data in.
>
> All the best!
> -Sanjay
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM, lrmodes <lrmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey community,
> >
> > Is it ok to sync the gtfs with osm, that might produce huge
> > changeset
> > at once ??
> >
> > I thought it would be helpful to ask before doing one.
> >
> > :)
> > regards,
> > ganesh.

Onestop ID,Name,Short Name,Country,State,Metro,Timezone,Website,Transitland Feed Registry URL
o-tf34-metropolitantransportcorporation,Metropolitan Transport Corporation,MTC,IN,IN-TN,Chennai,Asia/Kolkata,,https://transit.land/feed-registry/operators/o-tf34-metropolitantransportcorporation
o-tf34-chennai~suburban~railway,Chennai Suburban Railway,"",IN,IN-TN,Chennai,,,https://transit.land/feed-registry/operators/o-tf34-chennai~suburban~railway
o-tf34-chennai~mass~rapid~transit~system,Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System,MRTS,IN,IN-TN,Chennai,,,https://transit.land/feed-registry/operators/o-tf34-chennai~mass~rapid~transit~system
o-tf34-chennai~metro,Chennai Metro,"",IN,IN-TN,Chennai,,,https://transit.land/feed-registry/operators/o-tf34-chennai~metro