hello, i am Jay from Greece, i would like to help with icelandic roads
(wikiproject Iceland and actual mapping)

i am thinking we should have a table for administrative divisions (complete
with name, admin levels, link to relations etc) and a table about road
classes..

take a look at the greek wiki i helped build:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Greece

there are also separate pages about motorways/national highways/provincial
roads (as defined by law)

as understand there are 2 separate classification systems in Iceland:
-S/T/H/L/F system
-1/2/3/4-digit numbered roads

We should decide which one we use and what is trunk, primary etc

Is there any laws defining distinctive road classes (or what is national
and what provincial?)

for matters like this we made a poll in the greek forum, maybe we should
also do this here

thank you