Am 20.02.2014, 15:06 Uhr, schrieb tomas <tra...@tomyt.net>:

It's too hard for me to write in a mailing list, even more in english, it's not my Job. I give up. I'll probably unsubscribe.

Please don't do that. ;) If you are not comfortable with English, just write in Italian or German!

I personally began to write in English in the housenumbers import thread because I thought that it would make it easier for external people to follow the discussion.

I'm happy about the help kindly received on the discussion and happy about new and correct data in osm and I hope this can encourage some other people to map their town and other places.

+1 :)

I'm less happyer about my ignorance regarding mailings lists and about some bit aggressive answers that I received.

Please don't get too upset on this. Sometimes mailing lists can feel a little bit harsh, because it's not always easy to express an opinion both strongly to the point and politely. Also there is always much room for misinterpretations (especially in slightly political topics) that can make conversations even more "slippery". I am also sometimes a little over-the-top ([1], [2]) maybe. Please excuse me and don't take it too personally. ;)

Happy mapping!
Martin

[1] http://lists.opengisdata.eu/pipermail/mappers/2014-February/000059.html
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/120794