Sulla lista talk-alps è passato un messaggio [1] in cui i francesi
annunciano che si stanno apprestando all'importazione dei dati Corine sulla
copertura del suolo [2]. Poiché i dati che stanno pensando di importare si
estendono per alcuni chilometri nelle nazioni confinanti (tra cui l'Italia),
vorrebbero sapere se siamo d'accordo con l'importazione o se preferiremmo
che si fermassero ai loro confini nazionali.

Cosa gli rispondiamo?

[1]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-alps/2009-September/000021.htm
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover

Ciao
Alberto
--- Begin Message ---
Hi to france neighbour countries,

In france, we are closed to mass import ~170,000 polygons of land cover
(forest, vinyard, residential, etc. see :
english page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover
french page :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_France/Corine_Land_Cover )

The data set we are thinking to import does also extends to a few km in
other
countries like germany, switzerland and italy (that's why I choose to post
here).

The question we want to ask our neighbours is : do you prefer that we stay
inside our boundaries or don't you mind to have imports near boundaries ?

Links above will give you a clue of what is to be found in those polygons
with
an idea of quality.

Plus, we have set a specific renderer to overlay the future import over the
existing osm mapnik representation :
(here at the border france/italia/suisse )
http://beta.letuffe.org/?zoom=10&lat=45.96061&lon=7.23809&layers=B0000FFFFFF
FFFFFFFT

What do you think ?

(could you transmit to respectively concerned local mailing lists ? )

--
sly
sylvain letuffe