From: Jeff Meyer <j...@gwhat.org>
Date: Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Subject: Historical OSM Hangout: 2013 01 09
histo...@openstreetmap.org

Happy New Year!

The next Historical OSM hangout will be held on 9 January 2013 at 9am
Seattle time, 5pm London time. Apologies to those on the other side of the
planet - we can shift the schedule on the next go-round.

Link:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/415172b9c7e5b8e3777d35dd974bafbdf0763d4f

Topics will include:
- Progress on getting the HO sandbox up and running - hopefully, we'll have
the HO rails port & a tile server of some sort running by then.
  -- hosm.gwhat.org (the rails port for HO) is temporarily down while I
mess around with getting the baseline planet straightened out
  -- There's a crude outline of the steps for generating the baseline
planet at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Historical_Sandbox#Base_Planet_Setup(this
needs to be cleaned up, for sure)
- Suggestions from the community for initial historical mapping focus areas
- if we can divide up the world into a variety of different projects - e.g.
various locations at various points in time, with no overlapping areas,
then we won't have to solve the issue of time-enabling tools out of the
gate.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer