Hello Peter,

I'm replacing those objects with clean tagging import.
Please check this information page.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/Japan_KSJ2_Import/Administrative_district_2014

So I feel we do not need mechanical edit on administrative boundary objects.
I pledge I will erase them all in the near future :)

>   note=National-Land Numerical Information (Administrative area) 2008,
MLIT Japan
>   note:ja=国土数値情報(行政区域データ)平成20年 国土交通省

But there are other objects with node-with-tag old import data on Railway
and possibly on River.
If you could edit them mechanically, it could be great help for us.

Thanks!

> Dear mappers from Japan,
>
> first of, I'm sorry I have to write in English to this list.
>
> Due to different reasons (mainly MapRoulette) I'm often mapping
> in Japan. I came accross huge amounts of imports (mostly KSJ2 as
> source, but others, too). One thing I discovered that I find
> annoying (mostly when using JOSM):
>
> For a huge amount of ways not only a source- and source_ref-tag
> was added but also a note- and note:ja-tag. E.g.
>   note=National-Land Numerical Information (Administrative area) 2008,
> MLIT Japan
>   note:ja=国土数値情報(行政区域データ)平成20年 国土交通省
> These tags were not only added to the ways but also to their
> nodes. See e.g. this way
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/55877995#map=14/36.1056/137.8007
> and one of the way's nodes here
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/701559083#map=19/36.08733/137.75999
>
> According to the Mechanical Edit Policy in a first step edits
> have to be discussed. As it matters for Japan only, I chose
> the talk-ja mailing list.
>
> In my opinion, at least all note- and note:ja tags on nodes
> should be removed if the same note- and note:ja-tag is present
> on the according way, too. Not only is the current information
> redundant but it's also a misuse of the note-tag (at least
> according to the English wiki description, see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Note).
>
> I'd help to document and execute such edits (whatever the details
> of this discussion might be). But I'd be even more happy if a
> native speaker would deal with this matter so that the Japanese
> community is not forced to discuss this in English only. Anyway,
> in a first step this should be discussed.
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
> Peda

Satoshi IIDA
mail: nyamp...@gmail.com