Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 17:10:30 +0100
From: Ed Freyfogle <e...@opencagedata.com>
To: talk...@openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Talk-do] help needed with some Dom Rep OSM data

Hola,

apologies I do not really speak much Spanish so I will have to write in
English.
I am looking to pay someone to help me add / clean up some data to OSM
in Dominican Republic

My name is Ed, OSM id 'freyfogle'
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/freyfogle

I have a client who would like me to build him a geocoder for Dominican
Republic, but the data in OSM is not great. Specifically I see all 31
provinces + 1 national district are in OSM with boundaries.

An example if Barahona
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=159675971

but the next level down there is not much. Cities, villages, towns are
all just
nodes with admin level 15 (and thus no boundaries).

- does boundary data exist and can it be added to OSM?
- is anyone on this list interested in helping us with this project?

We do not have a massive budget, but happy to spend it on local expert
help. Please contact me if you are able to help us and I will go into
more detail

many thanks for your attention
Ed

- separately from that, would anyone be interested in doing an
  interview on our blog about the OSM community in Dominican Republic?

Here's an example interview we did about Cuba:
http://blog.opencagedata.com/post/144469399468/country-profile-openstreetmap-in-cuba