Hello

2019-12-13, pn, 13:16 Rihards rašė:
> In the Baltic states, addr:flat is used only on two nodes in Lithuania:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4146739382
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4240999727
> Notice how it's singular, as opposed to addr:flats.
> addr:flats is used ~170000 times in the world, addr:flat - 141 times
> (and is not documented).
> Could it be that these two instances were supposed to be addr:flats (or
> perhaps addr:unit)?

  On both nodes addr:flat identifies a number of a flat in a block
house where small business is situated.

  add:flats (as per wiki) describes "which addresses are behind the
door". So as I understand, in the same block house you would have one
or more entrances and on those entrances you would add something like
add:flats=1-50. So addr:flats is a different thing from what is being
described in two nodes you presented.

  add:unit is a different concept, it is a separate building in the
set of buildings with the same address. For example in Vismaliukai (in
Vilnius) we have a number of buildings with the same address but
different unit numbers.
  https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/54.75254/25.41544
  So again, addr:unit is not the thing which is being described in the
two presented nodes.

  Therefore I would say tagging is fine. Being present/described or
not in OSM wiki is a different question :-)

--
Tomas