Hi!

We've been discussing the idea of a regional mini-conference to be attended
by mappers from Estonia, Russia, Latvia and Finland.
OSM community in our countries seems to be a closed and isolated circle
with a very few new members each year. So we suggest to break the isolation
through an international OSM meet-up (or mini-conference) in Tartu,
Estonia. We coined the event "SOTM Baltics".

Event format: very unformal (it's more like UNconference than an academic
conference): normal talks, lighting talks, "podium discussions", social
event in a pub in the evening.

Why Tartu? We have mappers from Tartu who volonteered to find a room for
the SOTM Baltics. Also, Tartu can be conveniently accessed from the largest
cities in the Baltic countries: Tallinn, Helsinki, Sankt Petersburg,
Moscow, Riga

Event fee: no or 10 Euro, to be decided.

SOTM Baltics dates: a weekend in July. The exact dates are to be decided
via polling (see below)

How to get to Tartu from Riga with public transportation. There are 4 daily
buses between Riga and Tartu that depart Riga at 8:40, 18:45, 22:45, 23:55.
The journey takes around 4 hours. Tickets can be bought at
http://www.luxexpress.eu/lv

If you'd like to attend the event, please take part in the poll to decide
on the conference dates: http://doodle.com/anddmr2kpxwnmv77

The discussion takes place in the talk-ee list:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ee/2013-April/001434.html
If you'd like to take part in the discussion, subscribe here: