Subject:        [Imports] European urban landuse vector data
Date:   Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:23:46 +0200
From:   Frank Steggink <stegg...@steggink.org>
To:     impo...@openstreetmap.org <impo...@openstreetmap.org>

Hi,

I just noticed this post about European urban landuse vector data:
http://blog.weogeo.com/2011/06/21/data-blog-european-urban-land-use-vectors/

It might be interesting for local communities within the EU who are
seeking to improve landuse data in OSM in their area.
This data can be downloaded here:
http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/urban-atlas

The license seems to be compatible with CC-BY-SA or the ODbL, as long as
the source is attributed:

Rights:
   EEA standard re-use policy: unless otherwise indicated, re-use of
   content on the EEA website for commercial or non-commercial purposes
   is permitted free of charge, provided that the source is
   acknowledged (http://www.eea.europa.eu/legal/copyright). Copyright
   holder: Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry.

However, before anyone proceeds importing this in OSM, it might be
better to check with the EEA if their license is indeed compatible. And
of course it is _always_ a good idea to check with your fellow local
community members first, to see if this really adds value to OSM!

Regards,

Frank