Just an update on our OSM Phillipines gpstogo grant.  I have received
a notice from our local post office that the package is ready for
pick-up.  Customs duty and other taxes amounts to more than php 4,000!
 The customs personnel said he can help me "negotiate" the amount.
Crap!  I won't shell out any of my hard earned money for a "lagay"!

In the meantime, I will save some money to pay the legal custom
duties.  But for those interested in using the units,  you can now
start the reservation request:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Philippines_GPS_Units_for_Loan

Or if anybody is willing to share the load, drop me a line. :D

--
cheers,
maning