I'm just a bit puzzled,
how come, when Magalang and Arayat appears fine here:
http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=15.153&lon=120.678&zoom=11&layers=0B00FTF
If you zoom out, both Magalang and Arayat disappears, despite there is
more than enough space for the names on the map. However
I even tried moving the name Magalang a bit further out to make sure it
does not crash with Mabalacat or Clark Special Economic Zone. I don't
understand why Mexico and Mabalacat stays while Magalang and Arayat does
not? Funnily, using Mapnik instead of Osmarender yields completely
different results.

How does Osmarender (and Mapnik for that matter) calculate which names
to show and which to hide? I can't find any logic in this, and am at a
loss trying to rectify it.
Secondly, is there anything I can do to tell the rendering engine which
names have the same importance (or level)?

Ronny.