Hello Andre,

Welcome!

I've taken a look at the Corporation Code of the Philippines (
http://www.chanrobles.com/legal5cc.htm) way before and I think a normal
membership-based non-profit structure is the easiest to set-up. The singular
problem with setting up a foundation is the 1 million-peso capital
requirement and I don't think that OSM Philippines would have activities
that needs foundation status to be effective.

Raising 1 million pesos to set up a foundation just to get tax-deductible
donations is too big a hurdle (not to mention all of the tax auditing,
financial bookkeeping, and SEC requirements that goes along with it). If we
need funds for activities (like lectures, conferences, promotional events,
etc.), I think simply getting sponsors for those activities is easier.

Regards,
Eugene

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com