Andre,
I support this move. It is important to have an organization so we can
release press releases, lobby government/NGOs, receive donations, etc. I
also assume that this organization will own the domain names we have
acquired.
I also volunteer to be a founding member, if you need more of those. I'm
in London
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.514540&mlon=-0.181375&zoom=16),
but the Phil embassy is less than half an hour away, so I can get stuff
notarized (hopefully not too many papers as they charge £18 for a
signature and a stamp - per document! total ripoff if you ask me!).
I am considering to get more involved in the OSM community here too. I
happen to live only a short(ish) walk from the place where this whole
thing originated - University College London. I have to say London is
pretty road complete, but I have still managed to make some corrections
here.
And if any of you guys are venturing to this part of the world, don't
hesitate to let me know. It's "fairly" expensive here and some local
knowledge can save you a fortune :)
Ronny.