Hi guys,

Accu-map is the mapping division of Asiatype which creates those beautiful
Metro Manila Citiatlas maps. Last year, they partnered with AVT (
http://www.avt.ph/ ) to bring routable GPS navigation for cars and released
their P18.5k Navigator A800 product early this year.

Anyway, check out Accu-maps forums
(http://www.accu-map.com/forum/index.php) where the AVT users talk
about the map data provided by Accu-map. Register
and check out all the interesting threads. The "Bugs & Fixes" thread under
the "Metro Manila" sub-forum is an eye-opener in particular since users are
pointing out weird routings and the like. I think it's because the users
paid P18.5k for this so that's why they are passionate (and sometimes
irritated) when they get suboptimal (or even illegal) routing. I really
think we can learn a thing or two from the forums there.

Two advantages of OSM is that 1) we're free (so users lower their
expectations) and 2) they can help fix the data themselves instead of just
filing bug reports. :-)

Eugene / seav
--
http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com