On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I joined the Typhoon Ondoy Google Groups
> (http://groups.google.com/group/typhoonondoy) and brought up the OSB map and
> the use of OSM tiles as an alternative layer for areas where Google Maps is
> poor (like Laguna).
>
> Anyway, check out this interface they developed incorporating OSM Mapnik
> tiles as another layer to the default Google Maps tiles.
> http://www.google.com/maps/mpl?moduleurl=http://sugo-katta.appspot.com/neoMapplet35.xml
>
> The discussion there is centering towards aggregating all the disparate data
> into a unified repository of sorts. This will include rescue, relief,
> rehabilitation, and rebuilding data.

Nice!  The interface looks cool.  But I can't seem to get it working.
I tested submitting reports but I can't add an address nor a point.
There are no reports generated (probably my poor internet connection).
 A couple of questions:
1. Do I need a google account to submit reports?
2. Is it possible to "close/fix" a report?

Other than that, the design is excellent especially when we can
aggregate other info.  A major plus factor to google is the aerials,
even when there is no roads we can at least pinpoint a location by
looking at the imagery.

(You don't need 6.5 B PHP to do this btw, pun intended)

cheers,
maning