Hello everyone!

I read the whole thread and I think Eugene hit the mark in saying,

*"OpenStreetMap doesn't aim to replace NAMRIA or even UK's Ordnance Survey.
What we want is open/free vector map data that is topologically correct and
is reasonably placed (to about 10 meters) such that users of the data won't
get lost."*

Currently, I'm finishing up a degree in Geodetic Engineering and for all I
know, amdomag could be one of my professors. I believe he has been
suggesting that accuracy and methodology need to be checked. However, method
accounts to accuracy and accuracy needed is largely dependent on its
purpose. With this, I stand that OSM serves its purpose.