Hi,

For the cleaning part, I use GPSBabel to:
1. remove low hdop/vdop (and low satellites) points
2. remove close points (<1m) due to traffic-lights, parking-pauses to reduce
overall file-size.
3. remove areas I often go or park to avoid clouds.
(this first needs transformation to wpt, then back to trk after filtering)
4. convert raw nmea to gpx

This is the script I use ($1 is input file, $2 is output file):
gpsbabel -i nmea -f $1 -x discard,hdop=2,vdop=3,sat=4 -x position,distance=1m
-x transform,wpt=trk,del -x polygon,exclude,file=area.loc -x
transform,trk=wpt,del -o gpx -F $2

where area.loc is an exclusion polygon file containing for instance:
#mepz
10.327382       123.97915
10.328248       123.97975
10.329328       123.98076