maybe these private orgs / foundations / charities can be temporarily
classified all under NGO classification (or a more general term).

not all foundations / NGO's are charitable. Maybe, "charity" should just be
a sub-category of  foundation or NGO(?)

Charitable institutions are most likely a foundation or non-profit org, but
not necessarily an NGO (like PCSO). PAGCOR also gives a lot to charity :-)