On 2010-10-11 10:31, Jim Morgan wrote:
Rally de Leon wrote, On Monday, 11 October, 2010 08:41 AM:
While zoomed in very close, I have mistaken the said flight path
for border or power line lots of times,

I concur. I don't see any benefit in having flight paths beyond the
end of the runway. And in fact I've also found them confusing in
some instances.

+1, for the same reasons:

a) flight paths (apart from the runways) have a very wide corridor and cannot be used for land-based routing b) they confuse mappers mapping the land area over which they are passing (happened to me with murlwe's davao-manila flight path [1] which crossed they leyte area where i'm mapping).

luckily, murlwe removed all his flight paths [2]. i would welcome the same happening with the remaining flight paths (and gps traces).

ax

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/talk-ph@openstreetmap.org/msg01199.html
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6016811