On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM,  <sorabsupers...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi all (particularly maning)

> And - Hooray - it works. Kudos to Maning, Garmin and Asus. The A50 acts like
> any other Garmin device in terms of ./map/gsuppmap.img

The credit should be to Maning and Rally (main osmph-garmin dev),
mkgmap (the map compiler) and all the contributors. :)

> However what I observed is that there is a huge number of placetags
> recognized as "Cities". Not only each Brgy and subdivisions thereof, but even
> single buildings with names.
> In result the phone apparently can't handle the data flood and indexes only
> the first few hundred entrees for each initial letter. E.g. for "M" from
> "M'lang, North Cotabato" to "Maharlika".
> Did anyone observe the same on Garmin devices? Any idea how to fix it?

barangays, islands and subdivisions are included in the city search
(which should be called "place search", IMO)

Style details here:
https://github.com/maning/osmphgps/blob/master/styles/default/points#L197

The City search exploded in number since we started adding
subdivisions and residential polygons with names.

Glad your back :).  FYI, Soeren was one of the mappers who started our
great coverage in Makati

--
cheers,
maning