Dear Tutubi,

I'm cc'ing the list for more ideas.   The tags I use are below, this
may not be official.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM, tutubi
<tut...@backpackingphilippines.com> wrote:
> Hi Maning,
> just a quick question/clarification with several answers:
> pawnshops
shop=pawnshop

> courier companies e.g. LBC,
amenity=post_office
(not the best tag though)

> remittance companies: western union
> money changers
amenity=bureau_de_change

> spas
No idea.

> funeral homes
amenity=mortuary or shop=funeral_directors

> purified water shops: shop=water?
shop=water_refilling

> lechon manok: restaurant or kiosk?
amenity=fast_food
I think a separate tag should be use for this take_away (you just buy
but can't eat there)

> do i tag car supply shops as shop= car_parts or car_repair? lots of them on
> roosevelt, araneta and banawe
Usually shop=car_repair

> appliance shop =hi-fi?
no idea.

There was a discussion on this years ago.  We tried documenting PH
specific POI tags but never had the time to agree on the convention:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/PH:Map_Features

--
cheers,
maning