I took a look at it and I noticed two things:

1.  That old way which is supposed to be a bridge is not tagged as bridge.
Maybe the routine algo regards a highway without a bridge as a faster route?

2.  The new bridge has a motorroad:no tag while the old highway has only got
the highway:trunk tag... maybe this has an effect on routing too?

ed

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:33 PM, tutubi
<tut...@backpackingphilippines.com>wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I again went to Vigan to stay for the night from Sta. Cruz last week, on my
> way I tried to route and noticed
> my Nuvi's directing me to use the old bridge, instead of the new one.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=17.55973&lon=120.46364&zoom=16
>
> on my way back it's still the same. Any idea why?  guess it's because the
> old bridge is linked to the highway, the new one
> is a completely new way thus it's treated as a turn.
>
> also, from Vigan, I saw DPWH billboards decalring the portion of the road
> under repair as Manila North Road...the road's tagged as
> Narvacan - Vigan...street signs say it's National Highway and yet the DPWH
> billboard says Manila North Road.
>
> Hoping for a Bing update for Vigan and Ilocos Sur so we can have more
> complete road network there. Noticed also the missing Ilocos Sur- Abra Road
> near Narvacan on the map.
>
> --
> ---
> I explore, therefore I blog.