maning sambale wrote, On Friday, 12 August, 2011 04:12 PM:
> My handheld GPS is off by 6.92 meters from the published PRS92 coordinates.

That reminded me, I was walking down the street the other day in Makati, and I
came across a manhole cover. It had a detailed GPS co-ordinate engraved on it.
        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/274900/DSC00341.JPG

The co-ordinates were accurate down to 1/100th of a second, which seems quite
precise (one second is around 28 metres at this latitude). I was wondering if
this is common to all areas / cities, and if so, can we use it for something -
aligning or verifying roads.

Also ... maybe roadworks departments have records of these that they'd be
prepared to release?

Jim

--

   datalude: information security