hi!

i visited Cantilan, Surigao del Sur last week and was able to gather tracks
in the towns of Surigao del Sur (CarCanMadCarLan)
and will update the map one of these days.

I only noticed the national highway from surigao city to cantilan is labeled
"to Placer" in reference to Placer town of Surigao del Norte.
Since that road is the link between the north and south of Surigao
provinces, I propose to change it to trunk, per our guideline. all street
signs I noticed are labeled national highway, again, off OSM's practice of
stating the name of the two towns where the road passes.

there's just a slight problem there since about 14 kms of the trunk road is
(very) rough road and ironically located in Claver town of Surigao del Norte
(where I saw the mining companies burned by the "friendly, handsome and
progressive-thinking" NPAs recently) up to a small segment of bordering
Carrascal, Surigao del Sur

the only change i made so far are downgrading of many roads of Surigao City
from secondary to minor/residential and upgrade of the main road to
primary from secondary
(in addition to several POIs)

btw, tomorrow, I'll be in Nueva Vizcaya

--
---
I explore, therefore I blog.

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com

"I don't need a map! I have the GPS. Never need a map again, thank you"
                              - Car lost on Route 66, Radiator Springs
(Cars)