"Who will attend: This meetup is very informal, open to anybody, you don't
need to be a GIS professional or anything..."

Ok I fall under the classification "anything" ...eerrr Amateur Mapper??

I'm not using any of the mentioned softwares, but at one point installed
and tried on my PC, yet failed and got stuck up in the middle of self-study
for the nth time (for lack of necessary prerequisite knowledge in database
management and/or programming languages). I'm still very much interested to
learn to use one, and I'm trying to decide which direction to go. Looking
for guidance from people in the industry, I'll try to sit-in and be
inspired, observe to see how it goes. I'll probably volunteer to serve
coffee/beer & snacks just to make myself useful :-)

Regards,
Rally

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com