Hi guys,

Wikimedia Philippines has launched the Wiki(pedia) Loves Monuments
last March 24. WLM is a photo contest with the aim of creating a body
of open and freely-licensed photos of cultural and heritage sites and
monuments. WLM started in 2010 in the Netherlands, became a
Europe-wide competition in 2011, and in 2012 is now an international
competition with 28+ countries around the world participating. The WLM
Philippines webpage is here:
http://www.wikimedia.ph/wmph/index.php?title=Wiki_Loves_Monuments

Anyway, the WLM Philippines project managers asked my help if it is
possible to get the coordinates of each site or monument in the site
list (which is basically the Philippine Registry of Cultural Property
(PRECUP) Built Heritage list provided by the National Commission for
Culture and the Arts) which contain 689 sites total. The list is here:
http://www.wikimedia.ph/wmph/index.php?title=Wiki_Loves_Monuments/Entry_Sites

As you can see, most of the sites only have the town or city as their
location. Not all of them have complete addresses and not one of them
has any attached coordinates. The additional mapping info would be
beneficial so the photographers would know where to find these sites.

Unfortunately, I'm sure that OSM does not have all of the information.
I estimate that only around 1/3 of these sites are in OSM. I think
WaypointsDotPH might fare better but I don't think all of the sites
are on WaypointsDotPH too.

Do any of you guys have any idea on what's the best way to get the
addresses/coordinates of all 689 sites? If needed, Wikimedia
Philippines is willing to buy a license from private GIS companies but
of course an open/free solution would be best.

Anyway, WLM aside, I think putting all of these sites in OSM would be
a nice little project for OSMPH. Do people think it's a good idea to
have a list somewhere where we can track whether all 689 sites are in
OSM and with complete attributes already?

Eugene