Ervin Malicdem wrote, On Thursday, 25 April, 2013 06:16 PM:
> I was checking out openstreetbugs and saw Ian Lopez' comment regarding
> tagging subdivisions to place=locality
>
> Last year, I got an info from Rally De Leon to tag it as place=neighbourhood
> http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/j7tUCi4HuC1Vtfc5jXvy#i4HuC1Vtfc5jXvy

Just playing devil's advocate here, but as another option, how about tagging
them with Philippines-specific tags. Eg place=subdivision, place=barangay etc.
I understand that these wouldn't be rendered on the normal OSM, but if we were
to ever come up with our own rendering stylesheet, or tileserver, we could use
these to display in a local stylee.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security