Hi Maning,

I just came from the Kaybiang tunnel (Ternate - Nasugbu road) today and
tracked the new road ...

I was surprised that the roads on openstreetmap and also that on Google do
not yet show what is apparently the newly built and nicely concreted road
southeast of Sta Mercedes.  What they both currently show is the old road
along the coast of Sta Mercedes.

I had taken tracks of the new road but I, unknowingly did not complete the
road track up to the intersection with the old road, because I made a
u-turn back to Ternate after covering only a portion of the roadroad.

The current tracks of Erwin Malicdem near Kaybiang tunnel is confirmed
correct compared to the tracks that I took.  If you would compare the
traces, it also shows that what Google Maps plotted near Kaybiang tunnel is
wrong!

I added the incomplete road track anyway to Openstreetmap to show the new
road.  I hope to be able to go back there and complete the track, or there
might be other mappers who can complete it base on GPS traces?

:>) ed

--
website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph