On Friday, 13 September, 2013 10:29 AM, maning sambale wrote:
If you've been to Cebu City and like me, got confused with the jeepney
routes categorized as number and letters. Should I take 04C or 04B?
I was thinking about this for Manila. As a foreigner I have no idea where the Jeepneys go, except for a few around my house, and my language skills aren't too good either. Although I can say Para!

Anyway I was thinking of an initiative to put in all the jeepney routes. My reasoning was that this might be a bit unwieldy making it part of the OSM dataset, so I was thinking a data overlay might be the best way to go. This would mean of course that you could turn on and off various data overlays (jeepney, bus, train). Maybe even one day you could give a start and end point and get a number of options on how to travel.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe we could get some funding for this.

Jim