Hi,

We would like to thank everyone for joining the MappyHour/Missing Maps
launch last Friday (Nov 7, 2014). 15 people joined us at ESSC and
looking at the tasking manager [0], a few more participated remotely.

Special thanks to Nick Brown of YPDR [1] for sharing his insights on
volunteering and being a digital humanitarian [2].  The work by YPDR
in Bantayan Island is so amazing! 900 houses built (is it in OSM
already?), relief assistance, livelihood and environmental
conservation.  Also to Eugene for launching the MissingMaps initiative
[3].

As in most OSM-PH meetup, we didn't do much editing that night.  Since
we seldom do facetoface meetups, stories to share tend to pile up. :)
 Anyway some of us continued to map during the rest of the week [4].
I personally find it amusing how many areas lack the basic map detail
even in areas where we did the Yolanda response last year.  Task 720
[0] is now ~50% done, I invite everyone to do some more editing as
this will be very critical to ARC/PRC's efforts in these areas.

Photos here [5].

Thanks again!

[0] http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/720
[1] https://ypdr.org/