Dear everyone,

As most of you know, ESSC [0] the Institute, I work for has been
actively using and supporting OpenStreetMap in the Philippines.
Specifically, we implemented a LGU capacity-building using OSM for DRR
in Pampanga. Another support we provided over the years was the use of
our office facilities for OSM related events.

This year, we intend to continue to work with the OSM-PH community in
using OSM data in several of our mapping engagements. We are still in
the conceptualization and planning stage, but what I can tell you is
that we will continue contributing OSM data and tools in our DRR
related projects in Central Luzon, Eastern Visayas and Mindanao.  Our
priority is for local DRR stakeholders to use and contribute to OSM to
enhance its DRRM capacity.

As always, we will try to engage both the local community (we are
engage with) and of course, this awesome volunteer community.  If
there are any specific concerns over how we use OSM data (copyright
issues, bad edits, undiscussed tagging), please let us know.

cheers,

Maning
In behalf of ESSC

[0] http://essc.org.ph